As a Puppy Raiser, you become part of dynamic team of volunteers who are providing valuable services & supports for Veterans, First Responders, and others in our communities.
“Our Puppy Raisers are instrumental in preparing our dogs for a rewarding life & career of service & support for our nation’s heroes!”
As a puppy raiser, you must agree to . . .
- Provide a safe, loving environment
- Follow all PCS training guidelines
- Attend all group activities & classes
- Teach “good” manners & basic commands
- Provide monetarily for the puppy’s food & vetinary care
- Feed the puppy a diet recommended by PCS
- Provide a kennel or crate for sleeping indoors
- Provide diverse socialization opportunities, such as exposure to offices, malls, restaurants, downtown areas, elevators, and public transportation.
- Keep puppy on leash at all times unless in a securely fenced area
- Return the puppy upon request